Monday, October 31, 2011

Today’s Motivation DEFINITION-GAME Theory

The world occurs for each us from behind our own eyes. There are over 7 billion realities, each as valid as the next. The world is right and correct from our point of view. When you realize that anyone you connect with has the same point of view, but from their perspective, the chaos and craziness is a lot more palatable.

DEFINITION-GAME Theory

The most prudent way of dealing with people is to assume that their way of defining things is:
Good is what I do; bad is what you do. Right is what I do; wrong is what you do. Honest is what I do; dishonest is what you do. Fair is what I do; unfair is what you do. Moral is what I do; immoral is what you do. Ethical is what I do; unethical is what you do.

Every word, act and situation is subjectively defined by each individual in such a way as to comfortably fit in with his own actions and/or circumstances.
~Robert J. Ringer, The Tortoise’s Little Green Book of Winning theories.

© Copyright 2011 Lynn and Rick Lelchuk

No comments:

Post a Comment