Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today’s Motivation ON PURPOSE WEEK – CLEARING AWAY THE CHAFF

ON PURPOSE WEEK – CLEARING AWAY THE CHAFF

I’m excited. It’s not everyday one gets to work on uncovering who
they really are, what lights them up, what makes them tick. But,
today… Well, let’s just get started, OK?

As always, we do the obvious first. We want to clear away those
things you absolutely know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, do not
crank your engine. These are the things that turn you off, you do
not gravitate to, and you may even find them repulsive. The point
here is to free up the canvas to create later on and to release you
from thinking you should be attracted to something you are not.

For instance, it’s no secret in my world that I’m not fond of sports.
Weird for a guy not to be drawn to a ball of some sort, but, I’m not,
never have been, ain’t gonna happen. So, I can cross off anything
to do with sports. Neither am I the least bit interested in retail sales,
laundry, landscaping or following the herd.

As you note the things that are not of interest, you will compare
them to some of the things you are attracted to. I like clean clothes
and a manicured yard, but I’m not so interested in actually getting
those things accomplished. There’s a clue.

Here’s another clue I noticed. I know I love to plan events. It’s in my
blood, I’m comfortable with it and I’m good at it. So, even though I
don’t care about the game, I would be drawn to planning the half-
time show.

Now, it’s time to clear away the chaff, the excess debris, to get to the
kernel. Begin a list of the things that come to mind that you do like.
Don’t judge it to be right or wrong, just write it down. We’ll be working
with this list for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow – A THOUSAND POINTS OF LIGHT   

“The greatest influence one can have on another is to be a driving force behind their living a life of purpose, power and passion.” ~Rick Lelchuk

© Copyright 2010 Lynn and Rick Lelchuk
Ever forget to send cards for
Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays?
Never again - CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment